- Timothy Winters comes to school
- With eyes as wide as a football pool,
- Ears like bombs and teeth like splinters:
- A blitz of a boy is Timothy Winters.
- His belly is white, his neck is dark,
- And his hair is an exclamation mark.
- His clothes are enough to scare a crow
- And through his britches the blue winds blow.
- When a teacher talks he won't hear a word
- And he shoots down dead the arithmetic bird,
- He licks the patterns off his plate
- And he's not even heard of the Welfare State.
- Timothy Winters has bloody feet
- And he lives in a house on Suez Street,
- He sleeps in a sack on the kitchen floor
- And they say there aren't boys like him any more.
- Old man Winters likes his beer
- And his missus ran off with a bombardier,
- Grandma sits in the grate with a gin
- And Timothy's dosed with an aspirin.
- The Welfare Worker lies awake
- But the law's as tricky as a ten-foot snake,
- So Timothy Winters drinks his cup
- And slowly goes on growing up.
- At Morning Prayers the Master helves
- For the children less fortunate than ourselves,
- And the loudest response in the room is when
- Timothy Winters roars "Amen!"
- So come one angel, come on ten:
- Timothy Winters says "Amen
- Amen amen amen amen."
- Timothy Winters, Lord. Amen.
Published: 20/03/2012 13:38:07
Published: 05/03/2012 11:07:31
Published: 15/02/2012 17:35:54
Published: 06/02/2012 16:40:04
Published: 23/01/2012 16:07:25
Published: 12/12/2011 18:31:29
Published: 22/11/2011 17:41:52
Published: 17/11/2011 11:42:43
Published: 10/11/2011 12:48:16
Published: 18/10/2011 16:16:47