- Timothy Winters comes to school
- With eyes as wide as a football pool,
- Ears like bombs and teeth like splinters:
- A blitz of a boy is Timothy Winters.
- His belly is white, his neck is dark,
- And his hair is an exclamation mark.
- His clothes are enough to scare a crow
- And through his britches the blue winds blow.
- When a teacher talks he won't hear a word
- And he shoots down dead the arithmetic bird,
- He licks the patterns off his plate
- And he's not even heard of the Welfare State.
- Timothy Winters has bloody feet
- And he lives in a house on Suez Street,
- He sleeps in a sack on the kitchen floor
- And they say there aren't boys like him any more.
- Old man Winters likes his beer
- And his missus ran off with a bombardier,
- Grandma sits in the grate with a gin
- And Timothy's dosed with an aspirin.
- The Welfare Worker lies awake
- But the law's as tricky as a ten-foot snake,
- So Timothy Winters drinks his cup
- And slowly goes on growing up.
- At Morning Prayers the Master helves
- For the children less fortunate than ourselves,
- And the loudest response in the room is when
- Timothy Winters roars "Amen!"
- So come one angel, come on ten:
- Timothy Winters says "Amen
- Amen amen amen amen."
- Timothy Winters, Lord. Amen.
Published: 18/10/2011 16:16:47
Published: 07/10/2011 15:00:53
Published: 20/09/2011 10:59:47
Published: 15/09/2011 18:04:19
Published: 03/08/2011 16:16:46
Published: 19/07/2011 16:41:44
Published: 04/03/2011 16:27:56
Published: 01/03/2011 17:03:22
Published: 01/03/2011 15:56:02
Published: 25/02/2011 16:45:04